- ONLINE APPLICATION (secure site)
- Operator – $200
- Supplier (US, Canadian and International) – $350
- Allied – $100 (university students, academia, government)
- Associate – $50 (retired meat plant operators)
- International Meat Processor – $150
- Canadian Meat Processor – $125
The American Association of Meat Processors is a national trade organization representing more than 1,600 meat, poultry and seafood processors, wholesalers, retailers, caterers, home food service companies and suppliers to the meat industry.
Become a member today! Follow the links below to read the Code of Ethics and fill out a request for membership. Agreeing to AAMP’s Code of Ethics is important, so please be sure to do so!
If you should have any problems, and would prefer to call AAMP and apply over the phone, call toll-free at (877) 877-0168.
Get AAMPed up with better, more relevant business decisions! Do you want to see what AAMP can do for you? Click on the link and download our new membership mailer. Whether your business is large or small, partnering with AAMP affords you the opportunity to “let go” of your day-to-day operations and focus on improvements that are necessary to build your business.
Code of Ethics
All Association members subscribe to the “Code of Ethics” as a condition of their membership. Please read them below and indicate on the membership form that you have done so, and agree to subscribe as a condition of your membership with AAMP.
- Members shall give fair and accurate measure in products, making use of proper identification and labeling as to quality, weight, count, and/or volume.
- Services and goods shall be delivered as promised and members shall declare any implied, limited or full warranty, or the lack thereof, and honor it.
- Members shall maintain high standards of plant cleanliness and sanitation, maintaining those standards in areas of transportation, distribution and sale to fully protect product quality and integrity.
- Members shall comply with local, state and/or federal regulations and standards as applicable to goods and services they offer.
- Advertising and all promotions, whether delivered in written, oral or audio visual format, shall be truthful and accurate, and without misrepresentation.
- Members shall not misrepresent product or service, the nature, or scope of their business operations, nor imply that a specific quantity or selection of foods is adequate for the purchaser’s entire requirements in any specific period when such is not the fact.
- Members shall provide customers with an accurate declaration of price by pound, ounce, count, weight, volume or unit for all meat and/or other food items.
- Savings shall not be promised to customers unless they can be fully substantiated.
- Members shall emphasize animal welfare and shall provide humane treatment for livestock and poultry during transport, holding, and slaughter. Employees involved with animals will be expected to practice humane handling techniques.
- Illegal actions or violations of law committed by firms, or individuals, agents or other representatives of such firms, may be considered grounds for rejection of an application for membership in the American Association of Meat Processors when such firms, individuals, agents or other representatives of such firms make such application through the same or other entities or subsequent businesses.