AAMP’s annual convention is geared toward U.S., Canadian, and Foreign operators of small and very small firms in the meat, poultry & food business: packers, processors, wholesalers, HRI, retailers, caterers, deli operators, home food service dealers, and catalog marketers. Both members and non-members of the Association attend this event looking for a vast array of ideas, supplies, and services.
Planned by a committee of meat industry participants, morning-long concurrent sessions offer a wide variety of practical information, manufacturing solutions and business enhancement ideas. The focus is on small and very small operations.
Keynote Speaker: Kentucky Commissioner of Agriculture Ryan F. Quarles
Ryan grew up on his family’s farm in Scott County, coming from a family that has lived in central Kentucky for over 200 years. Ryan completed three undergraduate majors and two graduate degrees in just four years at the University of Kentucky, graduating in 2006. In 2008, Harvard University awarded Ryan a full scholarship with the Zuckerman Fellows Program, which enabled him to continue his studies at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, the Kennedy School of Government, and Harvard Law School. In 2009, he graduated from Harvard with a Master’s degree in higher education before moving back to Kentucky to finish his last year of law school. Ryan was elected to the Kentucky General Assembly in 2010, representing Scott, Owen, and Fayette counties. Ryan served as vice-chairman of the House Judiciary Committee and served on the Agriculture and Small Business Committee, the Tobacco Master Settlement Oversight Committee, and the Banking and Insurance Committee. In 2015, Ryan was elected Kentucky’s Commissioner of Agriculture. At 33, Commissioner Quarles is currently the youngest statewide elected official in the United States.
American Cured Meat Championships (ACMC)
See what the “buzz” is all about with the “ACMC”! How many categories, what are the categories, what is this years regional category, and how you can become a part of the largest cured meat championship of its kind in North America!
How to Register
You can register for the 2017 Convention one of two ways: Download and print the convention magazine below or fill out your registration online. Registration fees include: educational sessions, exhibit hall, solutions, information, ideas, and prize drawings for operator attendees!
- Online Registration
- Convention Agenda
- 2017 Ticket Order Form
- 2017 Convention Magazine (Includes agenda, plant registration form, pre-convention bus tour information)
- Hotel Accommodations – Hyatt Regency
- Register online here or call 1-800-233-1234
- Group Rate: $155 per night, per room and applicable taxes
- Deadline for group rate ends on June 27, 2017
- Overflow Hotel – Hilton Lexington (Please call the Hilton Lexington at 1-877-539-1648 and ask for the group code ‘AAMP17‘. The Hilton Lexington is located directly across the street from the convention center.)
- Overflow Hotel – Click here for online reservations
2017 Convention Mobile App
- Coming – July 2017
Meat industry suppliers will be operating exhibit booths showing equipment and supplies servicing the meat industry and offering education and consultation in the Exhibit Hall.
- 2017 Exhibitor Packet
- 2017 Application and Contract for Exhibit Space
- 2017 Exhibit Hall Floor Plan (SOLD OUT)
- Exhibitor Publicity Form
- Convention Program Ad Order Form
- 2017 Exhibitor Advanced Registration
- End Cap Booth Rules
- Food Sampling Form
- Exhibitor Rules & Regulations
- Alcoholic Beverage Policy
- Electrical, Compressed Air, Etc. Forms
- Sponsorship Brochure (PDF Download)
The Hyatt Regency is the headquarter hotel for AAMP’s 2017 convention. Room rates are $155, per night, per room. Reserve your room online here or by calling 1-800-233-1234.
Things to do in Lexington
For information on planning on what you want to see or do while in Lexington, Kentucky.