- Listeria monocytogenes – General and technical information from the Center for Disease and Prevention – Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases.
FSIS Policy Information
- FSIS Directive 10,240.4 – Verification Procedures for Consumer Safety Inspectors for the Listeria monocytogenes Regulation and Introduction of Phase 2 of the LM Risk-based Verification Sampling Program – Revision 2
- FSIS Directive 10,240.5 – Enforcement, Investigations, and Analysis Officer (EIAO) Assessment of Compliance with the Listeria monocytogenes (LM) Regulation and Introduction of Phase 2 of the LM Risk-based Verification Testing Program – Revision 2
- Control Of Listeria monocytogenes In Small Meat & Poultry Establishments (Penn State University) – Produced by Penn State University and Dr. Catherine Cutter includes coverage of employee hygiene and sanitation practices, harborage sites, biofilms, equipment and facilities and much, much more.
- Controlling Listeria monocytogenes In Small and Very Small Meat and Poultry Plants – Produced by Dr. William Henning and Dr. Catherine Cutter from Penn State University. This document was designed to provide guidelines to the small and very small processor on practices and methods to assess, prevent and control the opportunities for contamination of RTE products by L. monocytogenes.
- FSIS Compliance Guideline: Controlling Listeria monocytogenes in Post-lethality Exposed Ready-to-Eat Meat and Poultry Products – January 2014 – The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service developed compliance guidelines to help the establishments producing ready-to-eat (RTE) meat and poultry products, especially small and very small establishments, in their use of control methods for Listeria monocytogenes to comply with the regulations.