The American Association of Meat Processors (AAMP) has an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant/Member Services in its Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania office. The successful candidate will be hard working, personable, and willing to work in team-oriented environment. The position is Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
This position is responsible for performing duties such as answering phones; providing member support; opening and sorting mail; filing; as well as assisting staff with miscellaneous tasks. All responsibilities are performed under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Clerical duties such as filing, answering and transferring phone calls, etc.
- Generate memos, e-mails and reports, when appropriate
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Assist staff with annual convention preparations
- One week of travel, per year, is required for AAMP’s annual convention
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills and dedication to completing tasks in a timely manner
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and three years of clerical or secretarial experience; or an equivalent of relevant education and experience
- Meat industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of Genesis Nutrition Analysis program or willingness to learn
- Primarily sitting at work station utilizing a computer in an office setting
- Possess the ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25lbs
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- Retirement plan
How to Apply:
E-mail or mail a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2018. No phone calls please. Pre-employment background check will be required. AAMP is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Employer:
The American Association of Meat Processors is North America’s largest meat trade organization composed of over 1,300 small and medium-sized meat and poultry plants across the country. Learn more at www.aamp.com.
American Association of Meat Processors
1 Meating Place
Elizabethtown, PA 17022