The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is responsible for ensuring that meat, poultry and egg products are safe, wholesome, and accurately labeled.
- FSIS Nutrition Labeling Information
- A Guide To Federal Food Labeling Requirements For Meat And Poultry Products – FSIS manual designed to be an easy-to-follow guide to assist manufacturers, consumers and FSIS personnel on the regulatory requirements and policies for labeling products.
- FSIS Compliance Assistance – Labeling Guidance
- FSIS Label Application Guidance
- Label Application Guidance (PDF)
- Labeling Policies / Labeling Guidance
FSIS Directive 7235.1 – Mandatory Safe Handling Statements on Labeling of Raw and Partially Cooked Meat and Poultry Products
Generic Labeling – Provides information and regulations on labeling materials that qualify for generic label approvals.
- Labeling Approval – 9 CFR 317.4