The German Butchers’ Association (DFV, short for “Deutscher Fleischer-Verband”), the official representative of craft butchers in Germany, formed a partnership with AAMP to hold the DFV/AAMP IFFA Quality Competition for Sausage and Ham every three years in the United States.
The results from the 2019 U.S. competition will be recognized as part of the IFFA show in Frankfurt, Germany, May 4-9, 2019. The awarding of medals and trophies took place at the IFFA on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
2019 DFV-AAMP IFFA Competition Results
- 42 plant participants (458 products in total)
- Total Gold Medals (351)
- 25 Cups of Honour (awarded to those with five or more gold medals in the competition)
- Total Winner: Louie’s Finer Meats, Cumberland, Wisconsin with 31 Gold
- 1st Winner of Sausage: Louie’s Finer Meats, Cumberland, Wisconsin with 25 Sausage Gold
- 2nd Winner of Sausage: RJ’s Meats, Hudson, Wisconsin with 18 Sausage Gold
- 1st Winner of Ham: RJ’s Meats, Hudson, Wisconsin with 10 Ham Gold
- 2nd Winner of Ham: Tiefenthaler Quality Meats, Holstein, Iowa with 9 Ham Gold