This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and AAMP will provide updated information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance. The safety and well-being of our members is our top priority.
As of today, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), notes the following in terms of risk assessment:
- For most people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low.
- People in places where ongoing community spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 has been reported are at elevated risk of exposure, with increase in risk dependent on the location.
- Health care workers caring for patients with COVID-19 are at elevated risk of exposure.
- Close contacts of persons with COVID-19 also are at elevated risk of exposure.
- Travelers returning from affected international locations where community spread is occurring also are at elevated risk of exposure, with increase in risk dependent on the location. The CDC recommends avoiding non-essential travel to several countries. Before traveling, consult travel guidance from the CDC.
- Provides up-to-date information about the spread of the virus, including infection and mortality rates, recovery rates and locations by country.
- Niche Meat Processor Assistance Network (Additional COVID-19 resources for meat processors)
- Online Sales Platforms
- Want to sell online right now? Here are some options for online sales platforms for food, most of which also process payments. Not all of them are well equipped to sell meat, so you need to do your research when picking one. They also charge different fees, such as a % of sales or a set monthly fee.
- Online Sales Platforms
- Small Plants & Inspection Personnel (March 25, 2020)
- Essential Strategies for Food Safety During the COVID-19 Virus (Webinar presentation from We R Food Safety)
- USDA Guidance on COVID-19 Health Questionnaires (March 20, 2020) – This is a change in policy by FSIS. Plants can now ask inspection personnel questions about their health during this time.
LABOR LAWS (Provided by Alaniz Law & Associates)
- Paid Sick Leave Law Update (March 20, 2020)
- Employee Travel Letter (Word Document)
- Give to employees to use in areas where there are curfews or travel restrictions. The employee should have this with them and present it to authorities, if stopped. Update the form with your company information/logo (see highlighted yellow areas in document).
- President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America (Print and bring along with travel letter)
- HR 6201: Paid Sick Leave Update (March 18, 2020)
- Sample Workplace Policy (How do I handle employees and company policies during this time?)
- What do I do if an employee tests positive for COVID-19? (March 19, 2020)
- HR 6201: What does it mean for my business? (March 16, 2020)
INDUSTRY GUIDANCE & DIRECTIVES
- CDC Guidance
- USDA-FSIS: Coronavirus Updates
- FSIS COVID-19 Information
- Major revision of FSIS export library for Canada (March 27, 2020)
- Special Alert – Temporary Allowances for Labels Going to Retail (March 23, 2020)
- FDA: Food Safety & the Coronavirus
- OSHA: Coronavirus Overview
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Pandemic influenza preparedness and response guidance document
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace & The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Department of Homeland Security – Pandemic Ready
- IRS: Coronavirus Tax Relief
- The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by COVID-19.
- Personal Hygiene Training Video (Length: 8:47)
- USDA Secretary Sonny Perdue salutes the heroes in the U.S. food supply chain (March 20, 2020)
- Homeland Security Recognizes Agriculture as Critical Industry (March 19, 2020)
- USDA Statement to Industry (March 16, 2020)
- AAMP issues statement to US senators regarding H.R. 6201 (March 17, 2020)
- AAMP executive director provides update regarding COVID-19 (March 16, 2020)
- Sec. Perdue Statement on President Trump’s Declaration of National Emergency Regarding COVID-19 (March 13, 2020)
- IRS: High-deductible health plans can cover Coronavirus costs (March 11, 2020)
- AAMP Statement on Coronavirus (March 10, 2020)