AAMP’s annual convention is geared toward U.S., Canadian, and Foreign operators of small and very small firms in the meat, poultry & food business: packers, processors, wholesalers, HRI, retailers, caterers, deli operators, home foodservice dealers, and catalog marketers. Both members and non-members of the association attend this event looking for a vast array of ideas, supplies, and services.
- Plant Operator Registration
- Allied, Associate, University Registration
- Exhibitor and non-exhibiting suppliers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Butcher Contest (Separate Registration Required) Register by Friday, May 29, 2020
- Cost of room per night: $175. Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes (currently 15%) in effect at the time of check out.
- Click the reservations link above or call 515-241-1456. Use group code ‘AAM’ or state ‘American Association of Meat Processors Annual Convention’
- A credit card is needed to hold a room reservation.
- Cancellation Policy: The hotel needs 48-hour notice prior to arrival or one night will be charged to the occupant.
- Deadline for group rate ends Sunday, July 6, 2020. Reservation made after this date are based on availability.
Comfort Inn & Suites Event Center [Across the street from the Convention Center]
929 3rd Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
Reserve online here.
Room Block Rate: $150 per night, per room.
ADDITIONAL HOTELS IN AREA (NO ROOM BLOCK RATES)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Downtown (0.2 miles from Iowa Events Center)
- Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown – Mercy Area (0.4 miles from Iowa Events Center)
**Separate registration is required for the Butcher Contest. Learn more or register here.
Come listen to Bob Hanson from HansonTech, WI and Dr. Jeff Sindelar from the University of Wisconsin-Madison deliver an informative presentation on Appendix A & B. This workshop will review the science behind the current versions, the scientific hurdles identified as a result of the issuance of the 2017 versions, and proposed solutions that are being explored to help contribute to the final versions.
The cost of attending both workshops is $25. Separate registration is required to participate in the Butcher Competition.
Planned by a committee of meat industry participants, morning-long concurrent sessions offer a wide variety of practical information, manufacturing solutions and business enhancement ideas. The focus is on small and very small operations. View the current convention agenda here for a list of sessions.
Click the link above for 2020 exhibitor information.
Become an official sponsor of the 2020 convention and spotlight your company! Sponsorship are a great way to potentially increase your sales. If you are interested in sponsorship, contact Diana Dietz at email@example.com.
AAMP uses ConfPlus for its convention app needs. Use it to access session information, build and sync your convention itinerary, get social on Twitter, see a list of exhibitors, and much more! The app can be used on smartphones and tablets.
For information on planning on what you want to see or do while in Des Moines, Iowa. Visit Catch Des Moines for a list of local attractions.