AAMP is an international organization whose 1,300 members include meat and poultry processors, slaughterers, caterers, food service companies, wholesalers, retailers, suppliers, and consultants to the meat and poultry industry. There are 29 state, regional, and provincial associations of meat processors that are also affiliated with AAMP. The majority of our members are small and very small businesses, with most of them being family-owned and operated. While the total group of small and very small meat processors in the U.S. represents about 5% of the total meat production volume in the U.S., those same types of meat processing businesses constitute approximately 95% of the total number of meat processing businesses in the U.S. As a national meat trade association, we are proud that we have members who own businesses of all sizes, but the “backbone” of our organization remains the small and very small independently-owned firms across the United States.
To assist the members of AAMP by providing technical support, regulatory representation and explanation, and production solutions.
- Provide answers to members questions on technical and production issues
- Update and Maintain Technical and Regulatory section of AAMP’s website
- HACCP Plans
- Scientific Articles
- Regulatory items such as Guidance documents
- Nutritional Labeling preparation
- Represent AAMP before regulatory agencies at both state and federal levels
- Work with AAMP’s State and Regional Affiliates on various issues
- Work on Challenge Studies to provide scientific supporting documentation relevant to member processors
- Will require approx. 15% travel
- Any other duties deemed necessary by AAMP Executive Director or Board of Directors.
– A minimum of a B.S. Degree, Preferred Masters Degree
– Preferred Course of Study – Meat Science, Animal Science or Food Science
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Detail oriented and good organizational skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office
– Work well in team environment
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for sending resume is February 20, 2016.