Food Safety and Quality Specialist
At PS Seasoning, our craft is flavor. A four-generation strong company, we believe that the best recipes are passed down from one generation to the next. From the award-winning food products we make to the customers we serve, our commitment to excellence is the foundation of everything we do.
Just like the recipes we create, our team is only successful with a foundation of key ingredients: Customer Focus, Development, Family, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence. Since our inception in 1986, we’ve cultivated a culture of support, togetherness, respect, loyalty and family values. When you join the PS team, you’re part of a family and part of our recipe for success.
This position requires a self-driven, well organized Food Safety & Quality professional who can exercise decision making skills and time management with little supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. This position reports to the Food Safety Manager. They will help manage and maintain food safety and quality programs along with overseeing the QA technicians/sanitation crew. This position supports the company with the responsibilities that are included below.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the company’s food safety and quality programs, including Food Safety Plan, Safe Quality Food (SQF), HACCP, GMP, and Allergen Control programs.
- Leverage industry experience to identify improvement opportunities for new and existing products and processes.
- Manage the sanitation program to ensure that identified processes are effective and being properly conducted by the team.
- Manage the supplier quality program
- Conduct hazard analysis for new products and raw materials
- Review quality paperwork, verify and validate CCPs
- Provide oversight, coaching, and development for Quality and Sanitation team members.
- Develop and communicate metrics that measure the performance of the department and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage swabbing and microbiological program
- Work with the plant to comply to customer requirements and maintain high industry standards
- Conduct onboarding, annual and other periodic food safety/quality training sessions for all employees
- Assist with all required customer audits, SQF audits, regulatory inspections, and internal audits
- Comply with GMP, personal hygiene, HACCP and other quality and employee safety programs
- Fill in for QA technicians when needed
- Assist Food Safety Manager and other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of a 4-year degree
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a quality leadership role
- Current work experience in food manufacturing with FSMA Preventive Controls, HACCP, GMPs, and SQF or other GFSI certification scheme is required
- HACCP, Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI), and SQF Practitioner certification preferred
- Strong computer skills, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact when working with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize projects and adapt to changing deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Willingness to cultivate career-growth opportunities and advancement within a progressive, forward-thinking firm with a proven record of steady growth
Benefits of Working at PS Seasoning
When you join the PS family, you’ll receive: Competitive Pay • Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance • 401K with Company Match • Paid holidays & vacation • On-Site fitness room • 50% Off Employee Discount • Employee Appreciation Events • Outdoor Courtyard with Putting Green • Delicious Smells
*PS Seasoning is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Food Safety and Quality Specialist
||IRON RIDGE, WI
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 2/22/2023