At PS Seasoning, our craft is flavor. A four-generation strong company, we believe that the best recipes are passed down from one generation to the next. From the award-winning food products we make to the customers we serve, our commitment to excellence is the foundation of everything we do.
Just like the recipes we create, our team is only successful with a foundation of key ingredients: Customer Focus, Development, Family, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence. Since our inception in 1986, we’ve cultivated a culture of support, togetherness, respect, loyalty, and family values. When you join the PS team, you’re part of a family and part of our recipe for success.
This position requires a self-driven, well organized, experienced R&D Manager who can exercise decision making skills and time management while managing the food science department. This position supports the company’s production facility with the responsibilities that are included below.
What you’ll do:
- Work with cross functional teams in the development of new high complexity product formulations and/or reformulations of existing products, including commercialization.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned high-level product development projects through the various stages of the product development life cycle.
- Duplicate competitive seasonings and sauces for flavor, texture, color, nutritional content, and adherence to FDA and USDA standards and regulations.
- Facilitate product development by working with suppliers as well as marketing, quality and production.
- Utilizes knowledge of current regulations, product formulation, supplier specifications, customer requirements and Company standards to develop and update finished product ingredient statements and nutritional documents as defined by FDA and USDA, in addition to product specifications and processing procedures.
- Independently initiates, investigates, and implements significant new process improvements, and cost savings projects.
- Working with sourcing, assess raw material substitutions for usage and formulation consistency
- Coordinate with the Quality Department to comply with HACCP and all Food Safety Programs
- Support operations through project handoff and during production with formulation issues
- Stay up-to-date on new regulations and current events regarding food science by reviewing FDA and USDA regulations.
- Manage R&D team and day-to-day operations of department
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree in Food Science/ Biology/ Chemistry or related field with relevant 5+ years’ work experience in seasonings, spices, sauces, processed foods, sausage or meat snacks industry preferred
- Knowledge of product specifications, nutrition and labeling for finished products and ingredients
- Demonstrated experience in high-level product development and formulation from concept to completion
- Proven ability to apply food science and food engineering principles to solve problems
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact when working with cross-functional teams
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize projects and adapt to changing deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Willingness to cultivate career-growth opportunities and advancement within a progressive, forward-thinking firm with a proven record of steady growth
Benefits of Working at PS Seasoning:
When you join the PS family, you’ll receive: Competitive Pay • Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance • 401K with Company Match • Paid holidays & vacation • On-Site fitness room • 50% Off Employee Discount • Employee Appreciation Events • Outdoor Courtyard with Putting Green • Delicious Smells
*PS Seasoning is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
||IRON RIDGE, WI
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 4/15/2023