About Sailer's Food Market and Meat Processing, Inc:
Sailer’s Food Market & Meat Processing, Inc. is a USDA inspected custom processor of beef, pork, lamb, and buffalo. We carry a full line of retail meats and award winning sausages. President of the company, Jake Sailer is a 5th generation butcher and a Master Meat Cutter who has been servicing Elmwood, Wisconsin and the surrounding communities since 1923. Sailer's offers a competitive wage along with health, dental and vision insurances, life and disability insurances along with a retirement account including a 3% company match.
The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the meat processing plant from production and retail to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity. Lead by example through servant leadership. Partner with owners to ensure business growth.
- Plan, organize, direct and manage plant day to day operations for production, maintenance, quality and retail.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time processing and shipping of customer orders.
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage, train and develop plant staff
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer policies and procedures to be followed
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Manage planning process with co-packers, developing processes that ensure timely and accurate flow of information and execution.
- Oversee plant quality and HAACP programs, ensuring quality in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
||Sailer's Food Market & Meat Processing Inc
||65k - 85 k
|Posting Start Date:
||Education and Experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Meat processing knowledge/experience in slaughtering, processing, running smoke house, sausage, HACCP
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- High School diploma
- 3-5 years of experience in Meat processing plant
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years of experience in Meat Processing plant.
- Previous management experience
Moderate to heavy lifting and walking - lifting/carrying to 60 lbs., pushing/pulling to 60 force lbs., reaching, turning, standing, squatting, stooping/bending, equipment operation (meat saw, bone scraper, knives, slicer, band saw, scales, wrapping machine). Must be able to work effectively in refrigerated/cooler environment.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer
||This listing expires on: 10/9/2021