We are looking for a Meat Cutter that can upkeep and maintain the fresh meat production of our business.
Maintain the cleanliness of the meat equipment and work areas.
Provide world class customer service and ensure product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
Benefits of the Job
- We are closed every Sunday of the year.
- Only require employees to work between the hours of 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. There is never any night shifts.
- We have only 1 location, so you will always be working at the same location.
- Paid Holidays for full time employees. Scheduled holidays can be viewed here: https://www.centralmeats.com/about-us/store-hours
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Personal Leave of Absence
- Discounts on Purchases
- Workers' Comp. Ins.
- 401 K S.E.P. Retirement Plan
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Health Care/Hospitalization Insurance
- Social Security
- Unemployment Compensation Insurance
- Education Assistance
Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Provide world class customer service throughout the work day. Customers always come first and they are the businesses highest priority above anything else. You must be able to provide positive customer service that will keep customers coming back.
- Able to assist customers by taking and filling special meat orders. Make product suggestions and engage in suggestive selling.
- Cut, grind, weigh and wrap meat products using proper procedures to ensure the products quality.
- Prevent sales of out of date or spoiled meat products by checking dates regularly.
- Follow the businesses policies in pricing and handling re-worked meat products.
- Ensure that product quality, grinding, trimming, packaging, wrapping, labeling, and rotation standards are met.
- Accurately complete and monitor daily grind log sheets and any other paperwork.
- Receive and break down meat deliveries that come in regularly. Accurately check new deliveries for quality and quantity. Able to put the boxes away in the correct areas and properly rotate old and new meat products.
- Maintain and keep organized the coolers and freezers. Coolers and Freezers must be kept cleaned and sanitized.
- Accurately inventory meat products.
- Keep all Meat Trays and Meat Lugs clean & sanitized.
- Notify Management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff.
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Responsible for performing all job duties safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job responsibilities and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Central Meats reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations, or work environment change. This job description is NOT a guarantee of employment.
||Central Meats & Almost Catered
|Posting Start Date:
Minimum Job Requirements
Including, but not limited to the following:
- Must be dependable, reliable and flexible to work your assigned shifts with fluctuating days off each week. Must be able to work Monday – Saturdays anywhere between the hours of 7:30 am – 6:00 pm.
- Able to be courteous, friendly, and maintain composure in dealing with co-workers and with customers.
- Able to speak, interpret, read and write, analyze and understand the English language
- Knowledge of cutting, wrapping, grinding, cubing, and tenderizing various type of the following meats: Beef, Pork, Chicken, Lamb, Goat, and Deer.
- Knowledge of using meat saws, cutters, grinders and other cutting and wrapping equipment.
- Able to use all necessary meat equipment without causing harm to yourself or others.
- Perform all duties in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, turn and twist for extended periods of time while on your shift without injury.
- Reach, maneuver and lift objects of various weights and dimensions regularly without causing harm to yourself or others. Some objects can weigh up to approximately 80 lbs.
- Work in rapidly changing temperatures (coolers/freezers as cold as 0 oF and storage areas that can be hot and humid)
- Properly handle various food products and obey all federal, local, and state health and civil code regulations
- Tolerate and use cleaning products in a safe way
- Operate Computer Scanner Devices that are used to scan meat boxes at the end of the day.
||This listing expires on: 10/28/2021