REAL WORK. REAL PEOPLE. REAL FOOD
Join the Lorentz Meats Team!
Who we are:
Lorentz Meats is an industry leader niche meats processing facility that has been in business for over 50 years. The unique value proposition serves hundreds of clients ranging in size from national leaders to local farmers resulting in over 1,000 SKU’s, significant and timely inventory needs and a constant desire to improve efficiencies based on the production starts and stops associated with the varied products and clients.
Our customers are dedicated to sustainable agriculture through organic, regenerative or heritage processes. Our mission is to support these farmers and producers with knowledge and experience. We seek employees whose values match ours: SERVICE, PRIDE, INTEGRITY, and LEADERSHIP.
The Operations Controller is a new position responsible for directing and supervising the efficient operations of all Inventory, Accounting (including Cost Accounting and Pricing) and Production Analysis, with a strong focus on timeliness and accuracy of information processed. This role promotes collaboration and teamwork not only within these areas, but also with other departments to increase availability to financial information and to ensure the highest level of customer service. This position will take a leadership role to interface with cross-functional peers and managers addressing various business challenges. This position will report to the CEO and will prepare and present information for the board of directors.
- Provide over site and leadership for the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs, identifies training needs and creates SOPs for direct reports.
Expectations/Measurements of Success:
- Manages Inventory, Cost Accounting and Production Analysis activities making sure financial transactions are accurate and current
- Works with other department managers as needed to implement processes to improve workflow
- Oversees and assists with development of costing standards, analyzing production costs and costing variances for internal production facilities and third-party tolling arrangements
- Determine profitability at a product level and provide pricing analysis based on market and competitive information
- Oversees and assists with physical inventory management duties and provides timely communication with production and supply chain team members
- Communicates and evaluates performance expectations, provides timely feedback, training and coaching to assigned staff
- Responsible for assuring that proper internal controls are in place in areas of supervision
- Identifies and implements measurement standards to ensure business objectives and financial targets are met
- Prepares financial analysis in areas such as scenario planning, ROI analyses, profitability, cost reduction, and growth opportunities as needed
- Provides financial performance information to department managers in a format that fosters positive operational decisions
- Synthesizes data, develops recommendations, and reviews findings with business leadership
- Responsible for the implementation, integration and maintenance of accounting systems
- Oversees and coordinates the timely and accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and tax-related matters including 1099 reporting, sales tax, income tax returns, etc.
- Inventory: Levels should be constant, accurately measured and reported, costing tied to each product
- Cost Accounting: Profitability at a product level based on labor costs, product costs and overhead allocation
- Develop pricing standards based on actual costs and profitability
- Demonstrate the ability to find additional savings, improved pricing and production efficiencies resulting in improved margins
- Lead the accounting area to ensure the timely and accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly and yearly financials
Education and Experience:
- 5 plus years with practical accounting knowledge and skills including knowledge of GAAP is preferred.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and accurate.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage, adapt and promote change.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or meat is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to actively listen, problem solve, and communicate well with other departments is required.
- Must be able to handle a diverse workload, frequent interruptions, multiple tasks and deadlines as well as doing projects for multiple people.
- Experience with handling tax-related matters for C-corporation entities is required.
- Must have demonstrated software proficiencies in Microsoft Office Suite. Quick Books experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to remain current on all new emerging trends and relevant changes that impact accounting, financial reporting, regulation and other compliance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Five years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant is a plus.
This job operates in a professional causal office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. Must be able to frequently communicate with others and sit for prolonged periods at a desk working on a computer. Must occasionally stand/walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an exempt full-time position. Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be requested.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
||Lorentz Meats Inc.
||Cannon Falls, MN
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 5/28/2022