The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is responsible for ensuring that meat, poultry and egg products are safe, wholesome, and accurately labeled.
- Food Standards & Labeling Policy Book – August 2005 (PDF)
- Generic Labeling – Provides information and regulations on labeling materials that qualify for generic label approvals.
- Labeling Approval – 9 CFR 317.4
- Generically Approved Labeling – 9 CFR 317.5
- Labels: Definition; Required Features – 9 CFR 317.2